Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fun times in Chapel Hill!

Thursday, we were so excited about not having to wake up at the crack of dawn! We started the morning a little later, and enjoyed a leisurely drive from Atlanta, GA to Chapel Hill, NC. While stopped for a quick bathroom break, Corey spotted this gorgeous butterfly, and captured this awesome image of it.



Friday snuck up on us so fast! We were excited to see the group arrive. It was an interesting mix of people... only four men in a room full of ladies! We were blessed to have such an awesome group. The dynamic was wonderful.

Our dear friend, Nicole (who came to the last McWorkshop)brought her cute little Rockstar notebook that Corey gave the attendees of that workshop. I loved watching her taking notes like mad... she's so great!



Corey is such a dynamic speaker!





People think he's hysterical!





After our lovely lunch, Corey disappeared for awhile. I had no idea where he was, but I thought nothing of it, as he has a lot of work to deal with right now. Imagine my surprise when, as I am speaking, he appears in the doorway with a birthday cake!











And no, I'm NOT 34... I'll let you figure out what age I really might be ;)

It has been sad to be away from my family at my birthday (although I did have a present a day for the whole week from my husband!), but if there is anyone else I would want to be with, it's my dear friend Corey and this group of absolutely amazing photographers!! Thank you so much, Corey, for the awesome birthday surprise.

(My wonderful family created a cool birthday surprise for me as well.... check it out here! I love you guys!)

After I collected my emotions and finished giving my talk about Lifestyle Babies, we busted out the Xbox and played a little RockBand! This group was awesome, and I'll just say that I was wishing I could find somewhere to do some karaoke later that evening, so that I could hear Shane Snider sing again!









After our concert time, we headed over to Top of the Hill for a wonderful dinner. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the company! Good times!





Ridiculousness...



I got a second cake after dinner! Fun :)





A few cool pictures of the happenings from the Chapel Hill folks... Thanks so much for sending these and blogging these, guys!

Kimberly Naranjo



Nancy Thomas











I also ran across this cool slideshow on Denise Skelton's blog. You can check it out here! Thanks Denise!

We are safely in Washington DC, and looking forward to a fun sight-seeing day tomorrow. Of course, we'll post that stuff as soon as we can!

Thanks to all who sent me birthday love... you guys are the best!

much love,

-amber

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Amber!!! I now remember that we are both March babies! :) Love you much. Glad you all are having a great time, and that the workshops are going well. I'm ready for you guys to be home!!!

Tara

Sunday, March 30, 2008 8:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I am on the "innerweb"!!

Monday, March 31, 2008 1:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home