Sunday, January 20, 2008

Finally... a few minutes to socialize.

2007 proved to be as busy as 2006, and though I'm still slammed with work as 2008 kicks off (which is a good thing!), the winter is now being slightly generous, though still judicious, with a little time for me to socialize with some friends in the past couple of weeks.

My friends at LaCour and Couture Books hosted party in Atlanta recently and I was very happy to attend!
Here I am with Andrew, Rachel, Mark and Erin of LaCour... and I even managed to get Adam in the background!

Chris and Katie from 6 of Four Creations, Ty Miller, and me..


Several of the Asheville photographers once again got together at the Pictage User Group meeting (PUG) and we were happy to host my friends Justin and Mary from Connecticut. Afterwards, a few of us went back to my studio for a couple of chocolate martinis, compliments of my lovely wife, Jill.





Happy birthday, Hadley! Our good friend, Kevin, called us and invited us to his wife Hadley's surprise birthday party for a little bowling fun! Hadley and Kevin are not only good friends, but clients as well. They were married new year's eve 2006 and they were also fabulous models for my last workshop in October!

Check out Jill's vintage bowling shirt... "Norma Webb", from Enid Oklahoma's Shamrock Bowling Team. You can't make it out in the photo, but her ball is from the famed Hollywood Star Lanes in Hollywood, CA before they tore it down... it was also the setting of The Big Lebowski! (And for all you photographer-types that watch my blog... all of these images were taken with the D3 at 6400 iso, without a flash present)

My ball was a little different than the others at the lanes tonight...

Hadley's form...

Hadley lining up her shot...

Kevin planning his next strike...

Jill's sweet form...

Hadley "strikes" back...

Jill plotting her revenge...

Happy birthday Hadley!

I just had to get a couple of shots of Hadley and Kevin simul-bowling...


Cutting her cake...

Thanks you guys for inviting us! It was a great departure from staring at the computer all day! Before the party, I shot some amazing bridal portraits of a former Miss USA - Virginia...stay tuned!


I was also delighted to meet my friends Amber and Shyla for lunch on Friday! They're some of my favorite peeps!



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun stuff! Glad you are taking a minute to breathe. I love the shots from the bowling alley. I love that camera!

a

Monday, January 21, 2008 12:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a super way to share the birthday fun with the great pictures. I loved the ones of Hadley and Kevin bowling. That D3 is awesome. Happy birthday to Hadley!

Monday, January 21, 2008 12:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! and thanks so much for coming to Knoxville to meet us for lunch. So worth the drive for me, for sure.

xo

a

Monday, January 21, 2008 1:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! I am so glad you guys could make it to the par-tay. If I had (1) known about the party, and (2) known there was going to pictures taken I would have done more "primpin", yo. Oh, and wasn't that table with the cake on it up against the wall? How in the world did you get in there at that angle? Didn't even know you were there:) See you Thursday to wrap up our order for the mack daddy album/book!

Monday, January 21, 2008 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

Too fun. Glad you were able to make it down to Atlanta! Let us know when you are in town again.

Katie and Chris

Monday, January 21, 2008 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Marantz said...

we had such a blast!! thanks so much for everything!! we can't wait to see you guys again!

xoxo
M:)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Jodie Mac said...

I've always thought that Jill has fine form and its proven in those fun photos. See you soon Jilly - in VEGAS BABY!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home