Saturday, June 14, 2008

People are funny...

Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, but sometimes clicking "reply" instead of "forward" can have some funny consequences. I got a real kick out of an email I received from a self-described "...young (24 years old) wedding photographer in Charleston, SC." The young man had emailed me a while back with the subject "Great Photography!" and was very complimentary on the videos I have on my website. He was asking me for advice on how best he might go about getting some videos of his own. Of course, I gladly provided some advice, and we had a friendly email exchange following. He even went so far to say "Thanks for being so open and helpful, I wish more photographers were as kind." That was that...

Until the other day when I got an email from him, but it didn't seem to be addressed to me, but instead, I speculate, to a videographer. Here's an excerpt: "Looks good to me! Check out this guys site: http://www.coreymcnabb.com . Click on "videos" and you can see his video... it is really bad but it will give you an idea of what I need. I am sure you can blow that out of the water. As of right now the video will be the central part of my website, it will be on the main page so that everyone sees it first thing."

As many of you know, I always say "pay attention to the details"...

Good luck with your video, Lee.

To each, his own. And if you want to check out a really cool new video from Jasmine Star, watch this one

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael Juiliano said...

it always seems to come around doesn't it? good story.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Izatt said...

LOL that is too funny. I know I try to be extra careful when I dial phone numbers because I tend to get them wrong.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger Fed said...

Hey mister video guy,
Check out this photographer's videos, they suck! You can do so much better and for a case of beer, sweet! My site is going to rock!



funny thinking.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger Verge Events said...

what goes around comes around!

Friday, June 27, 2008 9:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched your video, Corey, and I think it's fabulous! As one of your clients, I am entitled to have a strong bias because your photography is, quite simply, the BEST! He's probably jealous. Who can blame the poor guy? :)

Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home