Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Comfort awaits!

After years of wanting one, and after my last chair broke, I finally treated myself to a new Herman Miller Aeron. First introduced in 1994, it was in instant classic and was chosen for the permanent design collection of the Museum of Modern Art. Though the basic design is now well over a decade old, Herman Miller has continued to improve on perfection. They've updated the lumbar support to their new PostureFit system, they've added the polished base option, and most recently have partnered with Sit4Less.com to finally appease the masses for their request for a true black color (versus the various greys and neutrals previously available). With as much time as I spend at the computer, comfort and ergonomics were of great importance to me. I also tried out the Leap by Steelcase and the Liberty by Humanscale, as well as several others that were said to have been some of the best chairs out there, and while they were nice, for me, the best fit definitely was the Aeron.... plus I think it just looks cooler too! Should be waiting for me when I get back from Chicago next week.



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Davis said...

Bob and I couldn't agree more! We purchased 2 of these the month we quit our jobs to pursue the wedding photography industry. We knew we'd be spending a whole lot of time in them and WOW what a treat they are!!!! On another note... I'm so stoked you're here with us in Chicago to shoot James & Janny's wedding with Bob. THANK YOU!!!! xoxoxxo ~ Dawn

Friday, May 16, 2008 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Verge Events said...

wow...you were not kidding on being the king of research! so glad you narrowed all the add-on's down and finally got the chair! hope you have a good week!

Sunday, May 18, 2008 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you'll love it - i've had mine now for about 6 years!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Clark Production said...

Very nice! I've had one for a while now - almost can't live without it ... until Anna stole it for herself! Now I have to get another one for me! :)

But really, congrats! You'll love having it!

- Spencer Clark

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 11:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home