Friday, May 09, 2008

Beautiful Wedding on Harbour Island!

I recently had the privilege of covering the beautiful wedding and the surrounding festivities for a truly great couple, Amanda and Peter. Jill and I traveled to Harbour Island in the Bahamas for the wedding, and thanks to some unusual (but very welcome) flexibility in our schedules, we were able to spend a little extra time there to celebrate: simultaneously our 4-year anniversary and honeymoon we'd never taken, her birthday, and our first vacation in over 5 years. Not only was the couple amazing, but equally so was the Island and all it had to offer... at about one half mile wide and only accessible by boat, its charm and seclusion makes it an ideal retreat! Here are a few photos.


Pink sand beaches, often without another soul in sight as far as you could see in either direction!


With very few cars on the island at all, the preferred method of transportation is golf carts.


Amanda and Peter






A Junkanoo trumpet player after the ceremony.






Though the island has no shortage of gulls or resident chickens that roam freely, patience paid off one morning as I got this shot of a Bahama Woodstar, Calliphlox evelynae, one of the Bahamas' only hummingbirds.


One of our staples while on the island... the "Beer of the Bahamas", the delicious and refreshing Kalik! (taken with my new underwater camera enclosure...fun!)


My beautiful wife on our last night. As we were not only celebrating our anniversary, but also Jill's birthday, I had to get her something special... and then I grabbed this shot to show off her new jewelry (duty free!)




Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even know where to start! The island in amazingly beautiful. The colors are spectacular. The bride was stunning! (I ADORE the second image of the two of them on the steps!) and YOUR bride is gorgeous!

But... it's your photography that ties it all together. Anything that graces the front of your lens... from birds to beer... is beautiful.

Well done, my friend! I'm so proud of you!

xo!

a

Friday, May 09, 2008 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

Beautiful, beautiful stuff! I'm really lovin' the shot of the bride looking across the table! Wow!

And as Amber said, your bride is extremely beautiful!

- N

Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! I'd recognize Tiffany jewelry anywhere! Nicely done!

Monday, May 12, 2008 1:06:00 AM  
Blogger aaron said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Ericka and I just had our 12th last month.

See ya around

Monday, May 12, 2008 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jill Schwarzkopf said...

Jill looks amazing. Can I borrow those diamonds sometime? Corey, you inspire me for my upcoming beach wedding in Anguilla. Thanks!

Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Dawn Davis said...

I second what Amber said! Way to go...! Everything about this wedding was beautiful and you captured it perfectly!

Happy belated birthday Jill...!!!! Thank you for sharing your hubby with us this weekend!!!!

xoxoxxo

~ Dawn & Bob

Friday, May 16, 2008 9:46:00 PM  
Blogger Southern Wedding Style Magazine said...

These are stunning! What a fabulous location and a gorgeous bride!

Sunday, May 18, 2008 11:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home