Friday, July 13, 2007

Last night, I had the honor and privilege of attending a fund raising event at the Grove Park Inn honoring K. Ray Bailey, esteemed and soon-retiring president of Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College. I was pleased to be a guest for once and to not have to shoot, though it would have been a fun event to cover! Dr. Bailey was presented with accolades from presendital canidate Senator John Edwards, North Carolina Governor Mike Easley, Congressman Heath Shuler, county commisioners from Buncombe and Madisson counties, representatives from UNCA and UT, and Ashellie mayor, Terry Bellamy, among others. Among the awards presented to him for his 41+ years of service with A-B Tech were two official K. Ray Bailey Days and the key to the city! I enjoyed meeting the mayor and learning that not only is she Asheville's first African-American mayor, but the youngest mayor in North Carolina history! And of course I'm very proud of my beautiful wife, Jill, as she was recognized for being on the Event Committee....and with almost 500 people there raising $100,000, that was no small task! Great job sweetie!





1 Comments:

Blogger Holritz Photography said...

You guys are so awesome... Way to go Jill McNabb! I'm blessed to have you guys in my life!

xoxoxoxoxox

a

Friday, July 13, 2007 9:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home