Saturday, March 24, 2007

I’m all fired up! I’m on my way to Vegas for WPPI. I’m in the Charlotte airport right now waiting to board my flight. This will be my first WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographer’s International) convention and I’m really looking forward to it. Though the convention itself should prove to be interesting, I’m mostly looking forward to seeing some of my friends again....and making some new ones!

One new friend that I’ve yet to meet is Dustin Izatt. Why is he a friend already without having met him? Because he and his wife were gracious enough to share their room with me tonight. The guy that booked our rooms for the trip was not able to get a room for me for tonight....and I just found this out last night! Yikes. I tried every possible website to get a room: priceline, orbitz, hotels.com, kayak, cheaptickets, the list goes on and on, and unless I wanted a 5-star suite for $600 a night, there was no room in Vegas to be had! I had quite the panic attack today trying to get a room and I sent out emails to about everybody I could think of that was already in Vegas...I even emailed Mike Colon. I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you that came together and helped me find a room!!! Nathan and Amber Holritz, Bruce Mayhill, and many others. But especially to Regina Holder who went the extra mile to help me and also put me in touch with Dustin. Thanks again!

On a personal note, I’m excited to say that I bought a new car yesterday! I finally let the Benz go...she’ll be sadly missed! I do love the new car though! It’s a Lexus...my first Japanese car. I’ll post some photos and more info when I get the chance, or when I get back to NC. What a bummer to buy a new car then fly out the next day to be gone a week...at least my wife will get to enjoy it while I’m gone!

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Rich said...

you're here? I'm here! we're all here!! woo hoo!!
(I just spent 13 hours in the car :( Oh, but I'm here!!

Sunday, March 25, 2007 2:27:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa Rich said...

ok...you were just raving about your car...like a month ago...what happened...bullet proof glass...sound proof.....

Sunday, March 25, 2007 2:30:00 AM  
Blogger regina holder said...

Glad I could help! It is so cool to be part of a photography community that is so open and helpful that they are willing to share a room with a complete stranger on a moment's notice. You'll have to add in some link info for Dustin. www.digitalizatt.com Hope you are having a great time in Vegas! Stay away from the tables!!!!!

Sunday, March 25, 2007 2:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home