Sunday, March 01, 2009

Workshops, Antics, and Shenanigans!

Goodness... I debated pretty hard about posting this video. Certainly there's nothing wrong with it at all, in fact quite the opposite... it's fun, but oh so embarrassing. It's from a 4-Day workshop in Kansas called Keep N it Fresh where I was the featured photographer. We had a great group of photographers and we all learned a ton of information... and had fun doing it. So why the hesitation in the posting? Because never before have my dancing 'skills' been publicly on display... I worry now that I'll be getting too many calls from recruiters wanting me to be a backup dancer for Justin Timberlake. I'm already just slammed as it is.


Here are a few shots from the workshop too...

Photobucket



Photobucket


Chris Smith shooting...

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Darrin Hackney and a couple of background chimpers ;)

Photobucket


Nicole Goddard sporting a cool shooting pose..

Photobucket


Photobucket


The talented Brett Schauf, co-host of the workshop, holding my SB-900 for the above photo.

Photobucket


Photobucket


And as I've had so many requests from other photographers to add some technical info as to exactly how I get some shots, I'd thought I'd start here. I've added the exif data to the below image... as you can see it's a bit dull looking as is. I purposely underexposed it on what was otherwise a cloudy, but bright day. That way, when I added a single, gelled, hand-held SB-900 from the side, it provided a nice warm, almost sunsety kinda look. 

Photobucket


Exposure and camera settings didn't change for this photo from the above. I just added the flash. 

The result:

Photobucket


One night we went out to shuffleboard! Super fun!

Photobucket


My skills were nearly unmatched! Although I still lost... to a girl. ;)

Photobucket



A few of the shooters. Thanks everybody, for such a great workshop!

Photobucket


Corey's Blog Signature

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill Schwarzkopf said...

Looks like a blast. Thanks for keepin' it fresh.

Monday, March 02, 2009 9:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the video! That's too funny. My brother and I did the Thriller dance for HOURS in our basement when we were little.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your dance "moves"!!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home