Thursday, February 05, 2009

In the movies...

It was fun last night to watch Being There again on TV. I'd not seen it in many years, but it's still darn funny. It also happens to have been partially filmed at Asheville's own Biltmore Estate. It was neat to see some scenes, though quick ones, where cars drove through Biltmore Village and notice how things have changed so in 30 years (DVR helped to rewind and pause)! I was also surprised that they allowed the actors to smoke cigars in one scene in the billiards room... clearly, I suspect there have been countless cigars smoked in that room before, but when the house was being used as a residence. Having shot in and around the house before, I know what care they take to preserve to property and it's contents now that it's a museum atmosphere and open to the public. The film stars Peter Sellers, Shirley MacLaine and my dad! ;) I also love watching this video that dad's in... he plays Randy Travis' dad... too funny!

Photobucket
Corey's Blog Signature

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger regina holder said...

They really put Jerry to work in that video, pushing the wheelbarrow, throwing hay and working on the car. At least, he got to rock on the porch in the end!

Thursday, February 05, 2009 7:44:00 PM  
Blogger zac|thomas said...

too cool seeing your dad in a Randy Travis video. Who knew you had such famous siblings :)

Friday, February 06, 2009 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW,Corey, this had to be a powerful video for you to watch....It make me cry and want to HUG YOUR DAD!!!!
XOXO Nancy Jo

Friday, February 06, 2009 9:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dad is so cute in that video! Makes me think of my pops.

Monday, February 09, 2009 3:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know - imagine getting access to shoot like that in the Biltmore Estate nowadays! No way. Great movie - a classic.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home